We are looking for a committed and trustworthy colleague as a Technical Assistant to become part of the Technical Department. You will be using your strong organizational skill in an international team of experienced technical and purchasing professionals. The team members are close and share a great sense of humor. You will be responsible for a wide range of administrative tasks. This position is a full-time position with a regular 40 hours per week. You will report directly to the Technical Director.
At Reederei NORD we focus on Talent & Culture to promote trust and merit-driven advancement of our staff to thrive in diverse and inclusive teams. Find out more about the companies at https://www.reederei-nord.com/company.
Our management activities at Reederei NORD B.V. in Amsterdam focus on the operation of ocean going, high-spec crude, product / chemical tankers and bulk carriers. Reederei NORD B.V. is a part of the family owned Reederei NORD Group that provides a full range of maritime services. Reederei NORD has been established in 1964 in Germany and today we are a leading service provider in maritime transport, determined to maintain and expand this position.
Our four strategic objectives are:
- Customer Focus
- Cost & Performance
- Sustainable Growth
- ESG Opportunity
What we Offer
The success of Reederei NORD B.V. is based on values such as collaboration, respect, safety, responsibility, ambition, and operational excellence. In addition to a competitive compensation package including a 1-year employment agreement, you will be supported by the company to continue to learn and grow alongside a diverse team of international expert. You may start straight away or when your current notice period is over. Development and retention of the staff is a key focus at NORD
- Provide administrative assistance to the Technical Department and when needed to other departments;
- Arrange appointments for the Technical Department through Outlook and Teams as required;
- Keep and distribute minutes;
- Structure the organization, filing and management of documents including the ships’ certificates on the office side;
- Travel arrangements (flights, visas et cetera);
- Assist in coordination arrangements for vendors;
- Assist with fleet projects;
- Provide orientation to new staff for the Technical Department.
Knowledge, Skills and Competences
- Strong secretarial skills such as minuting of meetings, preparing presentations, structuring and reviewing of documents and procedures;
- Proficient and experienced in using the main Microsoft applications, specifically Word, PowerPoint, Excel;
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skill;
- Very good organizational skills for internal meetings and larger meetings including third parties;
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively;
- Dutch language skills.
If you feel you might be the person for the job, please send your CV and optionally a motivation letter in English to email@example.com.
Please mention in the motivation letter:
- Whether you can take on the above listed key responsibilities and why;
- Whether you have the above listed knowledge, skills and competences;
- What your passport nationality is;
- Why you are applying at Reederei NORD B.V. specifically;
- Your notice period.
Candidates who live in the Netherlands are invited to apply. If you have any questions about this vacancy, please send an email to the same email address. We are looking much forward to get to know you.
After you apply, we are aiming to respond to you within 5 working days. The recruitment process consists of three rounds of interviews. The first one with the HR Officer, the second one with the Technical Director, and the third one with the previous two persons plus the Managing Director.
The personal data that you share will be treated in accordance with GDPR legislation.
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to Employees and candidates, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and gender identity.