We are looking for an assertive, curious, and independent person as HSEQ Manager and Designated Person Ashore (DPA). You will be responsible to expand, promote, protect, and implement policies related to Health, Safety, Environment and Quality in a diverse and international environment and report directly to the Managing Director. HSEQ are the key aspects of everything we do, and we have created this new managerial position to give additional weight and prominence to the ambitions we have in this area.
Our activities at Reederei NORD B.V. in Amsterdam focus on the operation of a fleet of ocean-going, high-spec crude, product, and chemical tankers. Reederei NORD B.V. is a part of the family-owned Reederei NORD Group that provides a full range of maritime services. The company has been established in 1964 in Germany and today we are a leading service provider in maritime transport, determined to maintain and expand this position.
Our four strategic objectives are:
- Customer Focus
- Cost & Performance
- Sustainable Growth
- ESG Opportunity
We put Quality and Safety first in our offering of top tier products and service. We lay a strong focus on Talent & Culture to promote merit and trust driven advancement of our staff to thrive in diverse and inclusive teams. Find out more about the companies at www.reederei-nord.com/company.
You will work closely with a cross-departmental team, and report directly to the Managing Director.
- Continuously improve on the awareness, implementation and enforcement of our safety management systems and continuously improve our policies, procedures, and processes;
- Act as DPA;
- Monitor, implement and enforce new rules and regulations, and ensures compliance;
- Prepare fleet circulars and alerts on important safety, navigational, environmental, regulatory, vetting, and Port State Control inspections;
- Follow-up on ISM/ISPS/ISO audit findings onboard vessels;
- Follow-up on office audit findings related to Class DOC, ISO, TMSA;
- Continue the improvement and implementation of TMSA;
- Provide familiarization to new or promoted vessel staff on the company’s Safety Management System;
- Plan, prepare and execute HSEQ Trainings and Safety Campaigns for sea and office staff;
- Review and approve risk assessments;
- Manage and conduct incident and investigations and near misses.
Knowledge, Skills and Competences
- You have a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in HSEQ;
- Preferably, you have 2 or more years of seagoing experience in a senior position on tanker vessels;
- You are systematic, curious, diligent, assertive, proactive, and eager to learn and promote new ideas;
- You are passionate when it comes to HSEQ related international rules and regulations, and maritime industry practices;
- You have strong managerial skills, such as time management, problem solving and decision-making;
- You have strong communications skills and feel comfortable in a diverse and international environment;
- You have a strong service mentality;
- You are proficient in spoken and written English.
What we offer
The success of Reederei NORD B.V. is based on values such as quality, teamwork, performance, respect, and operational rigidity. In addition to a competitive salary, you will be supported by the company to continue to learn and grow alongside a diverse team of international expert.
Please send your CV and a one-paragraph motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may substitute the motivation letter by a 1-minute motivation video. Please mention on your CV in which country you live and what your passport nationality is. Applications without a motivation letter / video will not be replied to. If you have any questions about this vacancy, please send an email to the same email address. We are looking much forward to get to know you.
After you apply, we are aiming to respond to you within 5 working days. The interview process consists of 3 rounds of interviews.
The personal data that you share will be treated in accordance with GDPR legislation.
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to Employees and candidates, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and gender identity.