As HSEQ Superintendent, you will be responsible for the expansion, promotion of our policies related to Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality in a diverse and international environment. You will report directly to the Managing Director. We are looking for an assertive, curious, experienced, and independent person as HSEQ Superintendent and Designated Person Ashore (DPA) for the Reederei NORD B.V. office in Amsterdam.
At Reederei NORD we focus on Talent & Culture to promote trust and merit-driven advancement of our staff to thrive in diverse and inclusive teams. Find out more about the companies at https://www.reederei-nord.com/company.
Our management activities at Reederei NORD B.V. in Amsterdam focus on the operation of ocean going, high-spec crude, product / chemical tankers and bulk carriers. Reederei NORD B.V. is a part of the family owned Reederei NORD Group that provides a full range of maritime services. Reederei NORD has been established in 1964 in Germany and today we are a leading service provider in maritime transport, determined to maintain and expand this position.
Our four strategic objectives are:
- Customer Focus
- Cost & Performance
- Sustainable Growth
- ESG Opportunity
You will report directly to the Managing Director and will
- Continuously improve the awareness, implementation, and enforcement of our safety management systems and continuously improve our policies, procedures, and processes;
- Monitor, implement, and enforce new rules and regulations and ensures compliance;
- Continue the improvement and implementation of TMSA;
- Prepare fleet circulars and alerts on important safety, navigational, environmental, regulatory, vetting, and Port State Control inspections;
- Follow-up on ISM/ISPS/ISO audit findings onboard vessels;
- Follow-up on office audit findings related to Class DOC, ISO, and TMSA;
- Plan, prepare, and execute HSEQ Trainings and Safety Campaigns for sea and office staff;
- Verify the Safety Management System (SMS) elements to meet the requirements of the ISM Code and TMSA Guidelines;
- Procure familiarization to new or promoted vessel staff on the Company’s Safety Management System (SMS);
- Review and approve risk assessments;
- Review and investigate all reports of non-conformities and incidents and ensure that corrective measures are applied to prevent reoccurrence;
- Procure the quality and integrity of the incident investigation process;
- Act as DPA.
Knowledge, Skills and Competences
- You have a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in HSEQ in the maritime space;
- You are systematic, curious, diligent, assertive, proactive, eager to learn, and able to convincingly tell stories and thereby promote new ideas;
- You are staying on top of the developments around HSEQ-related international rules and regulations and maritime industry practices;
- You have strong managerial skills, such as time management, problem-solving, and decision-making;
- You have strong communication skills and feel comfortable in a diverse and international environment.
- You are proficient in spoken and written English;
- It is of advantage ,if you have 2 or more years of seagoing experience in a senior position on tanker vessels. Candidates without work experience in shipping but with strong HSEQ expertise are encouraged to apply.
What we Offer
- Competitive salary
- Dynamic and multi-national working environment
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Full-time employment
- Career development opportunities
- Hybrid working in consultation with the Head of the Department
- Relocation package
If you feel you might be the person for the job, please send your CV and optionally a motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention in the motivation letter:
- Why you are applying at Reederei Nord B.V.
- Your level of Education
- In which country do you currently live, and what is your passport nationality;
- Your current notice period;
- How have your experiences prepared you well for the job opportunity we are offering.
We are very much looking forward to getting to know you. If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact: email@example.com.
After you apply, we aim to respond to you within 3-5 weekdays. The recruitment process consists of 3 rounds of interviews.
The personal data that you share will be treated in accordance with GDPR legislation.
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to Employees and candidates, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and gender identity