REEDEREI NORD GmbH is a traditional and international acting shipping company based in Hamburg and is part of the REEDEREI NORD Group with sister companies in Amsterdam, Limassol/Cyprus and Singapore. REEDEREI NORD GmbH has approx. 70 employees and manages 37 bulk carriers and container vessels. Our Operations Department needs support and is therefore looking for an:
Dry Bulk Operations Manager (w/m/d)
Immediate start preferrable
You should bring several years of professional experience, fluent English as well as qualities like punctuality, responsibility and the ability to cope with stress.
- Handling communications between the vessel, charterers/Commercial Pools and other Departments of REEDEREI NORD, as required.
- Issuing Instructions to the vessel.
- Appointing and communicating with agents as appropriate for owners’ husbandry matters.
- Handling port disbursements accounts, controlling port expenses/vouchers, as required.
- Handling P&I/cargo related claims and FD&D matters.
- Monitoring the vessels commercial performance against the charter party requirements including speed, consumption, cargo carriage and investigating any short falls in these with the vessel and Technical Department.
- Handling/checking of hire invoices, hire payment vouchers, Pool Accounts.
- Remittances of credit notes / invoices.
- Maintaining the operations software up to date for assigned vessels.
- Monitoring and recording off-hire or deviation.
About the company:
Reederei Nord is a fully integrated ship management and ship owning company that has been established in 1964. The company acts as an operative investment manager for the various types of vessels - Container Vessels, Bulk Carriers and Tankers - on behalf of the Oldendorff Family as well as various third party interests.
Reederei Nord B.V. is a part of the Reederei Nord Group, which is a very well established owner and manager of seagoing vessels and provider of wider maritime services. The owning family has successfully invested into the maritime industry since 1921, and the Reederei Nord Group today is represented with offices in Amsterdam, Hamburg (Germany), Cyprus and Singapore.
The management services cover the following areas: Commercial Management; Finance and Accounting; Technical Management; Crew Management; Asset Management; Safety and Security Services; Vetting Services; Chartering Services; and New Building Supervision (http://www.reederei-nord.com/).
We offer an exciting and varied area of responsibility in an ever expending and economically powerful company.
Please address your entire application with your salary expectation to:
REEDEREI NORD GmbH
Zirkusweg 2 – Astraturm