We are looking for a team-oriented, communicative, flexible and entrepreneurial colleague for the position of Purchasing Officer who is a quick learner, has strong organizational and time management skills and can deal with modern purchasing programs. You will become part of our international procurement team that is responsible to procure the worldwide provision and transport of services and goods for our vessels. This position is a full-time position with a regular 40 hours per week. You will interact directly with the management on board our ships and report directly to the Purchasing Manager.
Our management activities at Reederei NORD B.V. in Amsterdam focus on the operation of ocean going, high-spec crude, product and chemical tankers and Bulk Carriers. Reederei NORD B.V. is a part of the family owned Reederei NORD Group that provides the full range of maritime services. Reederei NORD has been established in 1964 in Germany and today we are a leading service provider in maritime transport, determined to maintain and expand this position.
Our four strategic objectives are:
- Customer Focus
- Cost & Performance
- Sustainable Growth
- ESG Opportunity
At Reederei NORD we focus on Talent & Culture to promote merit and trust driven advancement of our staff to thrive in diverse and inclusive teams. Find out more about the companies at https://www.reederei-nord.com/company.
What we Offer
The success of Reederei NORD B.V. is based on values such as quality, teamwork, performance, respect, and operational rigidity. In addition to a competitive compensation package, you will be supported by the company to continue to learn and grow alongside a diverse team of international expert. You may start straight away or when your current notice period is over. The first employment agreement offered is a 12-month contract with a 1- month probationary period. Retention and development of our staff is a key focus at NORD.
- Processing of the purchase requisitions from our vessels for consumables, spare parts and services;
- Request and process quotations including negotiating with suppliers;
- Screen and expand our network of approved vendors to optimize transportation and handling costs as well terms and conditions of the required goods and services;
- Develop and coordinate the supply strategy with the Ship Technical Superintendent, as necessary, to ensure supply at the most convenient / economical ports;
- Bulk purchasing and freight forwarding of purchased items for the vessels and projects;
- Issuing orders as authorized by the Ship Technical Superintendent;
- Ensure that our Agents and other service providers follow our procedures that form the basis for all your activities;
- Ensure compliance of all supplies with the required certificates and documentation;
- Coordinate the delivery of the supplies with the management onboard our vessels;
- Coordinate the inventories and quality of the supplied goods and services in collaborations with the management onboard the vessels;
- Ensure compliance of all supplied goods and services with the supplier contracts and service agreements;
- Ensure compliance with our invoicing procedures as well as our companies’ terms & conditions;
- Claims handling in case the supplied goods & services are not in line with the agreements;
- Act in line with the companies’ values, policies and our management system at all.
Knowledge, Skills and Competences
- You have a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience;
- You are proficient in spoken and written English;
- You have strong time management, entrepreneurial skills management, strong service mentality and are organized;
- You are enthusiastic and thrive in a dynamic and fast paced work environment;
- You are a team player, able to closely coordinate your work with the Purchasing and Technical teams;
- You have strong communications skills and feel comfortable in a diverse and international environment;
- You keep communicating with your teams and know when to escalate matters;
- You can adapt to modern purchasing programs.
Nice to Have
- Previous experience in the marine industry is considered advantageous;
- HBO degree or higher
Please send your CV and a concise motivation letter in English to email@example.com. Please mention:
- Why you are applying at Reederei NORD V. specifically;
- Whether you meet the listed must haves;
- Whether you have born the listed key
Please mention on your CV in which country you live and what your passport nationality is.
Applications without a motivation letter as per the above instruction, will not be replied to. Candidates who either live in the Netherlands or are willing to move to the Netherlands right away, are invited to apply. If you have any questions about this vacancy, please send an email to the same email address. We are looking much forward to get to know you.
After you apply, we are aiming to respond to you within 5 working days. The interview process consists of 3 rounds of interviews.
The personal data that you share will be treated in accordance with GDPR legislation. The Company provides equal employment opportunities to Employees and candidates,
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and gender identity.