We are looking for an energetic, dependable, and diligent colleague with strong interpersonal skills for the position of Commercial Operator. You will be part of an international team of experienced chartering professionals, being responsible for the execution of Charter Parties, the monitoring and ensuring compliance with the Charter Party terms. We are offering a full-time position, for immediate commencement with a regular 40 hours per week. You will report directly to the Chartering Director.
Our management activities at Reederei NORD B.V. in Amsterdam focus on the operation of ocean-going, high-spec crude, product/chemical tankers and bulk carriers. Reederei NORD B.V. is a part of the family owned Reederei NORD Group that provides the full range of maritime services. Reederei NORD has been established in 1964 in Germany and today we are a leading service provider in maritime transport, determined to maintain and expand this position.
Our four strategic objectives are:
- Customer Focus
- Cost & Performance
- Sustainable Growth
- ESG Opportunity
At Reederei NORD we focus on Talent & Culture to promote merit and trust driven advancement of our staff to thrive in diverse and inclusive teams. Find out more about the companies at https://www.reederei-nord.com/company.
What we Offer
The success of Reederei NORD B.V. is based on values such as collaboration, respect, safety, responsibility, and operational excellence. In addition to a competitive compensation package, you will be supported by the company to continue to learn and grow alongside a diverse team of international experts. You may start straight away or when your current notice period is over. Retention and development of the staff is a key focus at NORD.
- Ensuring that all Charter Parties are completed and executed accurately and promptly;
- Ensuring complete familiarity with all ongoing Charter Parties and relevant contracts, and ascertaining that Owners and Masters comply with the same;
- Appointing Agents and engaging Bunker Suppliers and other service providers;
- Planning and executing the Vessels’ bunkering requirements;
- Preparing documentation, maintaining records, and coordinating the logistics of cargo transportation;
- Handling all Cargo, Bunker, and other ancillary Claims in collaboration with Charterers, P&I Clubs, vessels and the Technical and Operations departments;
- Generating freight invoices and processing demurrage and non-demurrage voyage claims;
- Monitoring to ensure prevailing payment terms are fulfilled, in cooperation with the Accounts department;
- Monitoring voyage estimates and Time Charter performance against actual results;
- Liaising with the Masters, Charterers, Owners and Brokers to effectively manage a voyage;
- Liaising with the Operations and Technical Departments on all parameters of the voyage, to ensure smooth execution;
- Ensuring the system is up to date and accurate with the latest information on vessel’s position and bunker price;
- Ensuring all calculations and voyage information are updated and reflected in the Operating system;
- Assisting with the weekly and monthly Departmental reporting requirements;
- Updating the Chartering Department’s document filing system.
Knowledge, Skills and Competences
- You have basic knowledge and experience in ship management, chartering and vessels’ commercial operations;
- You have strong time management skills including prioritization, are organized and are able to work efficiently, also during workload peaks;
- You are able to work accurately and in a focused manner while under pressure;
- You are dependable because you take responsibility, you take ownership, and you are accountable for your tasks.
- You have strong interpersonal and communications skills, enjoy working in a team and feel comfortable in a diverse and international environment;
- You are enthusiastic and thrive in a fast-paced work environment;
- You have a strong service mentality and respond positively and effectively to customers;
- You are diligent, a quick learner, proactive, and a self-starter with an eye for detail;
- You are proficient in spoken and written English;
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office applications
If you feel you are the right person for the job please send your CV and optionally a motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention in the motivation letter:
- Why you are applying at Reederei NORD B.V. specifically;
- Whether you meet the listed must-haves;
- Whether you have born the listed key responsibilities;
- In which country you live and what your passport nationality is.
Candidates who either live in the Netherlands or are willing to move to the Netherlands right away, are invited to apply. If you have any questions about this vacancy, please send an email to the same email address. We are looking forward to getting to know you.
After you apply, we are aiming to respond to you within 5 working days. The interview process consists of 3 rounds of interviews. The first one with the HR Officer, the second one with the Chartering Director, and the third one with the previous two persons plus the Managing Director.
The personal data that you share will be treated in accordance with GDPR legislation.
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to Employees and candidates, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and gender identity.