We are looking for a dependable colleague with strong problem-solving skills for the position of Fleet IT Support Engineer at Reederei NORD B.V in Amsterdam. You will be responsible for remotely maintaining the IT equipment of a fleet of vessels while working in Amsterdam. You will also occasionally travel worldwide to maintain IT equipment on board vessels. We are offering a full-time and hybrid position, for immediate commencement and 40 hours per week. You will be part of the international and experienced IT team that currently consists of 2 IT Fleet Support Engineers, an IT Systems Administrator, and you will report directly to the IT Director.
What we offer
- Dynamic and multi-national working environment
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Full-time employment
- Career development trainings
- Hybrid working in consultation with the head of department
- Relocation package
- Monthly activities with colleagues
- Maintaining the IT equipment of the vessels mainly remotely but also on-site including routine installations, configurations, upgrades, antivirus protection, backups, and email operation;
- Providing day-to-day IT support to vessels by means of remote access and communication;
- Liaising with suppliers and service providers to resolve issues optimally;
- Monitoring the assigned fleet radio accounts and crew calling solutions;
- Liaising with clients concerning the implementation of new solutions;
- Traveling to vessels worldwide to maintain IT equipment during drydocks and at the newbuilding stage.
Knowledge, Skills and Competences
- You have minimum of 1 -2 year of relevant experience – working experience in the maritime industry is a plus
- You have a BsC in computer science or equivalent experience is desired
- You have good knowledge of LAN / WAN / SDWAN, Firewalls, Routers, Back-up systems, Windows operating systems, AD, Mail-server, DNS and DHCP;
- You are a learner and able to study and implement new technologies;
- You have good analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills;
- You are proficient in English (both written and verbally), additional languages are a plus;
- You are a team player and have good communication and negotiation skills;
- You can effectively and positively assist and instruct internal and external customers and (non-technical) colleagues ashore and aboard on IT related matters;
- You have strong time management skills, are well organized and good at documenting;
- Knowledge of Linux, VoIP and knowledge of satellite communication (VSAT / FBB / Certus) are considered as a plus.
Our management activities at Reederei NORD B.V. in Amsterdam focus on the operation of ocean going, high-spec crude, product / chemical tankers, containers and bulk carriers. Reederei NORD B.V. is a part of the family owned Reederei NORD Group that provides the full range of maritime services. Reederei NORD was established in 1964 in Germany and today we are a leading service provider in maritime transport, determined to maintain and expand this position. Our four strategic objectives are:
- Customer Focus
- Cost & Performance
- Sustainable Growth
- ESG Opportunity
At Reederei NORD we focus on Talent & Culture to promote merit and trust driven advancement of our staff to thrive in diverse and inclusive teams. Find out more about the companies at https://www.reederei-nord.com/company.
If you feel you might be the person for the job, please send your CV and optionally a motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention in the motivation letter:
- In which country you currently live and what your passport nationality is;
- Your current notice period;
- Motivational letter
We are very much looking forward to getting to know you. If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact: email@example.com.
After you apply, we are aiming to respond to you within 3 weekdays. The recruitment process consists of three rounds of interviews.
- The first round with HR
- Second round with IT Director
- Third and last round with HR, the IT Director and Managing Director of the company
The personal data that you share will be treated in accordance with GDPR legislation.
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to Employees and candidates, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and gender identity.